Our Team

Our Team

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Peaches in Quarts and a Bun in the Oven

On Thursday, I got a good deal for peaches at the grocery store (.50/lb) and bought 25 lbs. That night, Stuart and I taught the kids how to can them. It was a lot of fun and we canned 16 quarts. I'd like to get more, but that sale is over. I'll be looking for deals on apples and pears next.
On Friday, we took the boys on a field trip to the Air and Space Musuem. There are more than 300 aircraft there. The most impressive in my mind was the Air Force 2, otherwise known as Freedom 1 because it brought home the hostages from Iran in 1980. I remember seeing it land on the news back then, so it was cool to see it in person. Stu and the boys were fascinated by all the planes and missiles etc. I enjoyed watching their reactions.
On Saturday, we relaxed. I have a sore throat and so does Diane, along with a slight fever and runny nose. Stuart did take some of the boys to play paintball in the morning. In the afternoon, I took enough tylenol to feel well enough to run errands. I then went to the Dollar store and bought 7 pregnancy tests.
This morning, while the family was still asleep, I took those tests and sure enough, they were all postive. I wrote a note to Stuart, quoting Psalms 127:3-5 and showed him the tests when he woke up. He was as happy as I am. We are so thrilled and feel so blessed by the Lord to send us another one of his choice spirits to love and care for on this earth. We pray for his guidance in raising our children and providing for them. We definitely need a new van now and probably a new house too.
~Heidi

No comments: