Our Team

Our Team

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pie Party Pot Luck

Tonight is our family pie party.  We have invited all our neighbors, friends and and even the one family member who lives close enough to come.  I have 3 purposes in hosting this party.  1. To celebrate the Thanksgiving season and enjoy the company of people with whom I enjoy spending time.  2. To celebrate my 40th birthday, which falls on Thanksgiving this year.  (Yes, I'm going to report back to you all on my 39 goals that day) and 3) To help raise awareness and funds for the adoption of my Christmas Angel, Sophia M. 
I think about Sophia every day and pray for her and for the hearts of the people I know to be willing to make a small sacrifice on her behalf.  I'm grateful that already, someone (or more) has made a $70 donation.  I still have almost $900 to reach my goal, but if all my friends and family donated just $5 each, I think we could reach that goal easily.  So, if you are reading this, and haven't donated yet, please consider making a small donation (or a big one) so that one little girl can have a better chance for a better life.  She looks so happy in that picture, I would hate to have that smile disappear. 
I'm so grateful for this time of year when I think of my blessings both big and small.  The love of my family (a big one), friends, good neighbors, the gospel of Jesus Christ, a good education for me and my children, my husband's job, a home, vehicles that work well, good health and access to health care, healthy food, and many more blessings come to mind immediately, and of course, PIE!

No comments: