Our Team

Our Team

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Another Happy Mother's Day Morning

Mitchell, Mommy and Elijah

My  Heaven 7
What does Mother's Day look like at your house?  For  me, it's waking up early to change the baby, then handing him over to my wonderful husband. He takes the baby and wakes the other kids, while I try to go back to sleep.  Actually, I'm secretly listening to the noises and conversation in the kitchen as they work together to make a "surprise" breakfast in bed for me.  I love to hear them talk and whisper and tell each other to sign the card and how to cut the strawberries just so.  Then, they quietly stampede up the stairs, burst into my room singing "Mother, I Love You" and wake me up.  How I love it when the children all climb into bed with me to watch me open my cards and smell my flowers.  After a while, they all go downstairs to get their own breakfast, while I eat mine.  Today, Elijah cuddled in bed with me as I ate.  He reread all the cards.  Now that he can read, it is so interesting to watch him choose things to read and ask me questions about what he is learning.  I thing the beginning reader is one of the best "stages" of childhood, as their curiosity is peeked over and over again. Jacob was just sent up to bring down the breakfast tray and the baby was brought up to play with toys in my room.  Some of the boys are outside playing on the trampoline and Stuart and the others are cleaning up breakfast, while I finally am blessed with a few moments to myself, to record how full my heart feels when I look into the eyes of my children and see their love and affection for me.  I'm not sure what I've done to deserve that love, but I'm grateful for it and grateful that God has sent each one of these precious children to my home for me to love and learn from and be a mommy to.

No comments: