Our Team

Our Team

Saturday, May 21, 2011

So many goals, so little time!

It's time to report on my goals, I'm not doing great so far, but I will do better now that my home business has shut down.  I have more time on my hands for things like scrapbooking and cross stitching and reading.
  • Add $399 to each of my children's bank accounts We added $500 to each account at the end of 2010.
  • Archive old film and prints on memory stick I need to buy a film scanner
  • Attend 3 cultural events Not yet
  • Compile a Family Favorites Recipe Book Haven't worked on this yet
  • Complete a free on-line class signed up for the class, but haven't worked on it much
  • Do my visiting teaching monthly Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March, April all good, hope to go this week for May
  • Do not yell in anger ever again I'm working on this, still :)
  • Fast correctly 1 time a month I'll start fresh in June, it's hard since Mitchell isn't weaned yet.
  • Finish cross-stitch for Mitchell I have worked on this some, but it will take a while.
  • Finish scrapbooks for Adin and Mitchell Finished Adin's and I am now working on Mitchell's
  • Get a manicure at least 9 times 2x
  • Get my hair cut every 3 months 2x
  • Get my weight to 139 lbs I'm down to 146! Haven't made any progress here yet.
  • Go on 3 camping trips with my family 1x to Catalina State Park
  • Go on a date with Stuart 2 times a month This has been hard with his Boy Scout calling, but we'll work on it more.
  • Go to the temple 9 times 2x
  • Have a professional family portrait taken Took a non-pro one, and need to set an appointment for a pro
  • Help Greg earn his Arrow of Light Finished his Webelo award, still working toward AOL
  • Help Jake earn his Eagle Scout Award Project set to work on May 28!, Chad should get his this summer too!
  • Keep a blog of my 39 goals :) Here it is!
  • Make 39 humanitarian kits 12 completed
  • Only spend $275/week on groceries Put together a budget and will be keeping close tabs on it now.
  • Organize a "Friends in the Park" Day A friend beat me to this one, and I have attended once.
  • Read 39 books Finished 6, but am reading 2 more right now.
  • Read the Book of Mormon I'm in Alma.
  • Read the New Testament
  • Read to my children every day Will be more consistent over the summer, I promise
  • Sew/Make 3 projects or crafts Made Easter Bunnies from water bottles (see post below)
  • Spend 30 hours doing community service  Will volunteer at the school in the fall, I think.
  • Take cookies/brownies to 9 people We took 10 plates of Christmas cookies to people.
  • Take each of my children on a 1 on 1 "date" Jacob and Diane are done.  Chad wants to go rock climbing
  • Take my children to the zoo 9 times 3x (to 3 zoo's !)
  • Take my family to 9 local attractions.  1
  • Try 1 new recipe each month Been trying the free sample recipes from EMealz.com, love them.
  • Write 1 letter a month to a family member or friend I have written my parents and in-laws,
  • Write in a journal weekly (my own or one of my children's)I I have written in all the younger children's journal's at least once, more with Mitchell's.  I need to write in my own though.

No comments: